If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Thursday 18 March 2010

QOTD

General Lord Guthrie, on Gordon Brown's admission that his evidence to Chilcot was "inaccurate":

“What I said was absolutely right and what he said was wrong. I am delighted that the Prime Minister has made this statement and admitted what I said was right and those who attacked me were wrong, intemperate and cheap. It does highlight the great difficulties defence had when other departments of state were being showered with money. Undoubtedly the underfunding caused huge problems in Afghanistan and Iraq.”

Translation: "huge problems" = "avoidable deaths".

Mr Brown wrote to Sir John yesterday, saying that he wished to provide the inquiry with “further detail” about defence spending. The letter did not include any apology or regret for the evidence he gave this month.

Of course.

(Source)

2 comments:

  1. I had to look up QOTD (=Quote of the Day). Is this the onset of senility?

    PS I really like some of the no-meaning words that have to be typed in to make sure I am not a robot blog answerer. There must be a nice use for a word like BOLVALB; it seems such a waste for it to disappear after one fleeting grasp at existence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to be ashamed of. I posted a comment on a bike forum yesterday, 'BTDTGTTS' and had to explain it to someone ('Been there, done that ...'). But yes, in answer to your question, it is indeed early senility. Join the er, what was it called?

    I posted something on another blog recently and got the word verification of 'mentle', which I thought was quite appropriate. 'Bolvalb' is such a nice word. Perhaps we can find a use for it. I can see it as a secret engine component of the world-beating East German two-stroke jet ski that was exchanged for prisoners in a secret deal in the Cold War.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...