If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Wednesday 31 March 2010

I give up

I was going to do a spoof post about ACPO wanting to restrict motorcycles to certain 'allowed areas' only, and supporting a ban on anything over 12 bhp as 'unncessary in today's challenging road conditions'. It was going to end with this link.

But I couldn't. The more I wrote, the more depressed I got, as I realised that what I was writing wasn't a parody at all, but was merely what a lot of people in our Superior Class would like to see happen anyway. It's just that they would be more subtle. I did rather like the name I had for the ACPO spokesman: Roger D Kabinensteward.)

When you can't parody your own Government, it's time to give up, so I did. No-one would have laughed, anyway. It's too close to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...