Go and read the rest.
1. The Krays extorted money and used violence against people.
2. The Krays also did a lot of good things, or used the PR campaign that they did some good things with the money they extorted.
3. The Krays decided entirely unaccountably what "good things" they would spend the money they extorted on, and also who they would use violence against.
4. Governments extort money and use violence against people.
5. Governments also do a lot of good things, or us the PR campaign that they do some good things with the money they extort.
6. Governments decide entirely unaccountably what "good things" they spend the money they extort on, and also who they use violence against.
The difference between the Krays and the government is the fig leaf of
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Populism - a Bad Thing
Further to my recent post about democracy and the way that the Left assume that because something is popular it is also bad ("the Government are pandering to mere populism"), Obnoxio has a good take on the subject, which I will steal without a second thought: