Here are four alleged offenders, and four responses by the police. See if you can match them up, using your skill and judgement.
- Man, 47. Alleged offence: none. Walking away from officer at the time.
- Man, 70. Alleged offence: failing to wear a seat belt and having number plates that did not conform to the regulations.
- Woman, 59. Alleged offence: failing to give a breath sample (later dropped).
- Man, 24. Alleged offence: stealing motorcycle from dealership in full view of police officers and riding away at high speed without crash helmet.
- Struck from behind with baton and pushed to ground. Died a few minutes later.
- Stopped on country lane by two police cars, car windows smashed with batons and bodywork kicked by officer climbing on car bonnet, while alleged offender still inside the car.
- Dragged across floor and thrown violently into cell, causing severe facial bruising and bleeding.
- Allowed to escape, out of concern for alleged offender's own safety.