If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Friday 12 February 2010

Well?

I had to change the blog layout to one with a wider text space, as the video in the previous post wouldn't fit in the column, even on YouTube's smallest setting. I don't like chopping and changing for the sake of it, and I think people deserve a consistent approach when they are good enough to visit. I did like the old layout and colours. But this one's growing on me. I've sharpened up the headers, too.

What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Wider text column, less colour, no dark borders, green panels missing, cleaner look. The new one is 'Stretch Denim' and the old one was 'Rounders 3', if you look in the templates. It's not a huge difference, but noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..I have a similar problem with XL images...maybe I should go for a radical revamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it.

    The less clutter around the content of a web page there is, the better it looks (imho).

    Just admiring your new expanded Followers section as well, nice to see signs of an increasing readership. If only I believed Google really was my Friend, I'd add another pic to that list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I like clean lines and a lack of clutter too, although I was quite fond of the mid-blue and green of the previous template. The followers thing is a bit of a surprise, to be honest, but it pleases me, obviously. I've been out and commented on a few other blogs and sometimes people pay a return visit. Sometimes they even become followers. This is very gratifying.

    And Google is your Friend, just like Jesus wants you for a Sunbeam.

    The S7 with the fat front tyre, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...