If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Saturday 6 February 2010

Me - an update

I have taken a few days away from this blog, for a variety of reasons. I was astounded to receive two comments expressing disappointment that I was not posting more regularly - blimey O'Reilly, I didn't know that many people read it!

So here's a bit of an update and an explanation.

The first reason was that I was signed off work for two weeks last Friday, and I haven't really felt like posting anything. Blogging is a bit like sex - you have to have the urge and the desire, and if you just do it because you think you should, the results are rarely satisfactory for either party. Although there has been plenty in the news to fire my outrage synapses, it seems as though other people have covered them adequately, and with far more wit and venom that I would have been able to muster, so I stayed schtum. I will write on the reasons for my absence from work in more detail in a separate post, as there is a lot going on, and that I do feel the need to write about.

The second was that Anna's Mum passed away earlier this week, and the days have been filled with 'arrangements' and a lot of phoning around, and there hasn't been much time for recreational interwebbing.

Things seem to be on more of an even keel now, so I shall try to be more regular from now on. It's always a good thing to be regular, as my Gran used to say. Similar concept, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...