If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Jazz Choir

Along with the song from the last post, this friend also sent me a link to another bit of YouTube musicality. Perpetuum Jazzile are a Slovenian choir who perform jazz and popular music. They had a great hit last year with a song called 'Africa', which I've posted here. The sound effects are brilliant and very imaginative. The song itself is a little cheesy, perhaps - it reminds me of the Swingle Singers and The Manhattan Transfer a bit too much - but it's incredibly well-executed, with tight timing and huge musicality, and (bearing in mind that I hate most jazz) I think I might be getting this album.

Some of the lady singers aren't too hard to watch, either.

1 comment:

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...