If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Thursday 24 September 2009

Good news

I'm just a little bit pleased with myself today. Regular readers will know that I am on reduced hours from my place of work, due to the recession and difficulties in the business, and I have been looking around for other work to make up the shortfall.

The local University (I think it's an ex-Polytechnic, but it calls itself a University, so I'll go with that) has found itself short of a lecturer in an area I happen to know quite a lot about, and at very short notice. An ex-colleague of mine works there and recommended my name. I've had an interview over the phone today, and they want me to start in October. It's only a couple of hours a week, and only for the first half of the academic year, but it's a start.

I was a teacher for 18 years, and a commercial trainer for another nine, so I am looking forward to getting back into the classroom. This time, it will be final-year degree students, which will be a little more demanding than previous positions, but I'm up for it.

I want this small start to lead to more, so I'd better be good ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...