If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Thursday 27 August 2009

Just to add to the fun ...

There's this news:

Hundreds of holidaymakers were stuck in the Channel Tunnel for six hours in sweltering heat when their train broke down.

The lights went out, the air conditioning stopped and temperatures began to rise towards 30c (86f) [1] after the train's power failed.

Around 500 passengers, including dozens of families, were trapped.

Sounds like a great start to a holiday! I am not claustrophobic (although I can't stand being in a modern mummy-style sleeping bag), but I have to say I can't wait.

[1] Don't you love the Daily Fail and its obsession with the 'British' way of doing things? I am a traditionalist in may things, but I have to say that, by now, 30C means a lot more to me than 86F. Who seriously uses Fahrenheit any more - apart from DM journalists? Or needs to have it converted for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...