If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Memo to Self



Richard, when you go out to eat, take your reading specs. You really can't do without them any more, especially in dim light and with a fancy foodie script on the menu.

All that shit about "my eyesight's fine, it's just that my arms aren't long enough, ho ho" doesn't wash any more.

Ordering the wrong thing because you can't be arsed to carry them with you would be silly, wouldn't it? And relying on your companion (who remembered hers, women, eh?) because "my God, the light in here is very poor" is neither manly nor exciting.

5 comments:

  1. Just think of all the food you get to try that you wouldn't normally have ordered if you could read the menu. Happy accident perhaps.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just eat out at McDonalds. They have pictures of what they're serving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "All that shit about "my eyesight's fine, it's just that my arms aren't long enough, ho ho" doesn't wash any more."

    Tell me about it!

    Wait till you have to work up a pair of steps, and then face the conundrum of whether to wear your reading glasses before climbing it or not... Several times I have nearly gone arse over tit because I can only clearly see a couple of feet away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. varifocals for me now - simply awful, awful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I am not alone here. I like the idea of random treats through inability to read the menu - serendipity at its best.

    Pictures of the food? Great idea, and shows that MacD's really knows its customers.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...