If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Friday 4 November 2011

Be careful, Dublo Seven ...

You'll enjoy this, even if you don't like model trains. Sit back and enjoy the next five minutes.



When I was clearing out some old stuff recently, I came across a faux-parchment document that brought a smile to my face. My Mum must have kept it and it came to me in a box full of her personal effects when she died. No scanner, so here it is, word for word, minus the elaborate curly script:

HORNBY RAILWAY COMPANY

At a Directors' Meeting at the Headquarters in the City of Liverpool, County of Lancaster, on the ...FIFTH... day of ...NOVEMBER... 19 ...57... Richard Xxxx of ...DARLINGTON... was elected a Member of the Company and is entitled to the full benefits of Membership

In Witness Whereof, this certificate has been issued.

Roland G Hornby
Chairman

Membership No.
305487


I was almost four years old.

Sniff.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. Thankfully if you're made from clay you don't get hurt when you fall, cause that kid scared me when he was playing in all those high places.

    Scared for clay figures, I'm getting old.

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...