If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Wednesday 12 May 2010

2nd International XT Meet

I didn't manage to get the first one last year (Anna's health not being too good at the time), but I am going to the second one this weekend. It's an international meeting/rally for owners of the Yamaha XT. Most will be the original (and best?) XT500s,



but they are being kind and allowing newer models like my XT600E along to make up numbers.



There will be some hardcore treffers from Germany and Belgium, along with a lot of Brit owners. Camping for the weekend, lots of pop and crisps and party games, and a mass ride-out on Saturday. The organiser is a friend of mine called Alun, and if it's a good as last year's it should be an excellent weekend.

It's at Baskerville Hall, near Hay-on-Wye, which is a fantastic location. I have already done a dummy-run on loading up the XT with all my gear, and it seemed to cope. I am really looking forward to it. The run up to Hay is only 100 miles or so, but it will be a chance to get away with the XT in the same way as I did with the Pan last year. I was on the point of going off on the XT last Autumn, but decided on the Pan - wisely, as the XT had a few reliability issues that I only discovered later. I have done a lot of work on it since then, and (touch wood) I don't think it will let me down.

Should be fun. If I can update the blog from there (i.e. if the hotel has wi-fi), I will.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! At the moment, as space is limited, it's waterproofs or beer in the topbox. It's a struggle to decide.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...