If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Monday 16 May 2011

Night Shift

On the morning of my last night shift, we were getting ready to hand over to the day team when one of my colleagues called me outside. It was about 5.20 am. The site we are on is on a hill, and there was a low-level mist surrounding us on all sides. It was like being on an island in the middle of a grey ocean. I took a drive up to the highest point and was met by one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen. Sorry for the phone camera quality, but I thought it deserved a wider audience than three sleepy security men.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. There is something magical about witnessing a sunrise or sunset! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...