If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

- George Washington

Thursday 24 September 2009

Auntumn's here

This morning was bright and sunny, and the journey to work on the bike looked as if it would be a pleasant one. Dry, check. Sunny, check. Warm? No.

I was glad I had worn my lined textile suit today, as the old jeans-and-leather-jacket combo would have frozen my nuts off. Only my hands (in lightweight summer gloves) were cold, but I think we have seen the last of the balmy weather we have had recently. I promised myself back in the Spring that I would fit heated handlebar grips to the Yam before Winter came again. I was reminded of that promise this morning. That's a job for the weekend, I think.

In the words of Ogden Nash:

Some people like Autumn.
Well, ought 'em or oughtn't 'em?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free, according to C P Scott, so go for it. Word verification is turned off for the time being. Play nicely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...